Village Open Call
CRAZY CHILDHOOD STORY
“It was wrong on so many levels”
As they say: “Doesn’t matter how well your parents did with you, you will always find something to tell to your therapist. “
It’s so true. Doesn’t matter how loving and caring our parents are we all got some crazy childhood story. Funny, sad, disturbing or horrifying , we’ve all got them.
Village is calling for playwrights and storytellers to share their short plays/ stories with us based on this month theme: My Crazy Childhood Story.
It doesn’t have to be YOUR story. It can be a fictional story, a short play or a monologue. As long as it fits the theme.
5 best stories will be selected and performed by our pool of actors.
We will contact you by Sep 15, if your story is selected. ONLY 5 finalist will be contacted. If you haven’t heard from us, this means unfortunately your story wasn’t selected this time and you can try again next time.
Looking forward to reading your story!
September 12, 2020
ANNOUNCEMENT OF CHOSEN SCRIPTS
September 15, 2020
Selected stories will be showcased in front of a live online audience.
SELECTED STORIES' SHOWCASE
October 10, 8.30-10.30pm on Zoom
Register as audience here.
1) Your story must revolve around the theme, "Crazy Childhood".
2) Your personal story or a short play must be written by you and should be under 10min.
3) Submit your story in your chosen format to with the subject: “Village / Crazy Childhood Story”.
4) All pieces must include this phrase at some point, “It was wrong on so many levels”
5) You will hear from us if your story is selected. We will schedule a 30 min feedback session with our dramaturg.
6) We will help you to connect with actors if you need.